Business Tax Planning and Compliance
The attorneys at Kotz Sangster routinely counsel clients on a variety of international, federal, state and local tax matters. From entity formation to corporation restructurings, we provide guidance on the tax consequences specific to corporations and such pass-through entities as limited liability companies, partnerships and S corporations. Our lawyers also provide advice on tax matters in virtually any type of business transaction, helping to ensure that our clients minimize risk and maximize their business and financial objectives. We regularly provide counsel and tax advice in connection with sophisticated financial transactions, including taxable and tax-free mergers and acquisitions, innovative leasing transactions, joint ventures, investments, and many other areas.
Tax planning services include:
- Analyzing the tax consequences and structuring of mergers and acquisitions from the buyer’s and seller’s perspectives
- Structuring sophisticated financial transactions and innovative leasing transactions
- Evaluating tax-free and taxable reorganization options
- Structuring joint ventures using partnerships and limited liability companies
- Drafting sophisticated allocation provisions in partnership agreements
- Planning redemptions, distributions and recapitalizations for corporations
- Drafting buy-sell agreements for closely held corporations
- Tax planning related to bankruptcies and workouts
- Advising clients with international needs on the United States tax consequences of conducting business activities overseas.
- Advising foreign clients, on the United States tax consequences of conducting business activities or investing in the United States